The School Works Program provides a wage subsidy to businesses, non-profit or First Nations organizations, or public bodies in the Columbia Basin to meet their employment needs.
Are you looking to hire:
- a full-time student on a part-time basis during the school year (September to May) to do career-related work,
- a first or second level apprentice for full-time employment to complete their first or second level work-based training requirements, or
- a student for a Co-op work term through an accredited Co-op program?
The School Works Program, delivered by College of the Rockies, could give you an $8/hour wage subsidy!
Who Can Apply
Businesses, non-profit and First Nations organizations, and public bodies located within Columbia Basin Trust’s region.
Program supports hiring first level apprentices for full-time employment to complete their first level work-based training requirements for the following trades:
- Automotive Service Technician
- Construction Electrician
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
- Industrial Electrician
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Truck & Transport Mechanic
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Metal Fabricator (Fitter)
The Program also supports the retention of participating apprentices if the employer chooses to retain them to complete their second-level work-based training requirements in the same trade.
How to Apply