The HandySCAN 700 3D handheld scanner has been optimized to meet the needs of product development and engineering professionals. MIDAS members can scan in the most effective and reliable way to acquire 3D measurements of physical objects. Save time reverse engineering by eliminating the need to recreate from scratch by creating high-resolution point clouds.
MIDAS Lab HandySCAN Specs:
- Metrology-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.), resolution of up to 0.050 mm (0.002 in.), high repeatability and traceable certificate. Accuracy in real-life conditions: regardless of environment conditions, part set-up or user.
- No rigid setup required: optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part itself, so users can move the object any way they want during scanning sessions (dynamic referencing). Changes in surrounding environment have no impact on data acquisition quality or accuracy.
- Self-positioning: the HandySCAN 3D scanner is a data acquisition system and its own positioning system. This means that no external tracking or positioning devices is required. It uses triangulation to determine its relative position to the part in real time.
- Reliable: consistent and repeatable results across all work conditions or environments.
- On-demand user calibration: the scanner can be calibrated as often as necessary (day-to-day basis or before each new scanning session). Calibration takes about 2 minutes and guarantees optimal operation.
- Lightweight and compact: weighs under 1 kg thanks to its small size and flexible stand-off distance.
- User-friendly: very short learning curve, regardless of the user’s experience level.
- Quick set-up: up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- Direct mesh output: no complicated alignment or point cloud processing.
- Real-time visualization: look at the computer screen to see what you are doing and what is left to be done.
- Versatile: virtually limitless 3D scanning – no matter the part size, complexity, material or color.