The MIDAS Digital Fabrication Lab in Trail, BC is looking for a qualified, experienced, and creative MIDAS Lab Assistant.
MIDAS (Metallurgical Industrial Development Acceleration & Studies) is a project of the Kootenay Association for Science & Technology.
MIDAS offers the best FABrication equipment available in the Kootenays for public, academic and commercial use. The facility is a renovated accessible space with state of the art equipment and training that includes: 3D Printers, 3D scanners, CNC milling equipment, metal shop, woodworking, an electronics lab, teaching, co-working space, and more.
MIDAS Lab is looking for a creative and motivated individual with confidence, good judgement, flexibility, and a desire to learn.
Working as part of a progressive, motivated team, the main responsibilities of the MIDAS Lab Assistant will be to provide support to the Director, Lab Manager and Lab staff, and to provide exceptional support to the fabrication team.
You will be at the front line at MIDAS, and you will be able and ready to switch tasks throughout the day to accommodate the needs of members and operational staff at the facility. You will portray professionalism and discretion as you provide a high level of service to MIDAS lab staff, and all stakeholders.
That said, we’re a super fun team and MIDAS is a rewarding place to work.
The MIDAS Lab fabrication team delivers projects from concept to creation, working with clients to bring their ideas to life.
· 2D & 3D design
· Laser cutting & engraving
· CNC machining
· Painting & finishing
· Electronics & microcontrollers
· LEDs & lighting
· Plastic fabrication
· Education & outreach
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As a fabricator you will be…
· Supporting the team in determining project requirements and generating quotes
· Creating and implementing fabrication strategies and processes
· Designing 2D and 3D files for visualization and digital fabrication
· Operating CNC tools as well as traditional tools
· Managing project deliverables and client expectations
· Supporting MIDAS Lab members with machine setups and designs for fabrication
· Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
· Spreading maker culture
Minimum Qualifications, hardware and software knowledge
· Post-Secondary education in digital design and fabrication or equivalent relevant experience
· Working knowledge of Autocad, Inventor, Fusion 360, Solidworks, Spaceclaim, Illustrator, Maya, Blender, Photoshop, Aspire, V-carve or equivalents
· Operational experience with 3d printing, laser cutting, CNC routers.
· Experience with CNC Milling machines is an asset
· Experience with electronics and microcontrollers preferred by not essential
Hours of work:
The successful candidate will be willing to work flexible hours from Monday-Friday, 20 hours per week.
Hourly rate: $18-$21 depending upon experience
Closing date: July 23, 2019 @ 4:00 pm PST.
Please provide a resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and why you feel you are a great fit for our team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
While we appreciate all interest, only those shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you!